Department of Materials Physics
Head of Department
Head of the team "Mechanics of Materials"
Head of the team "Building physics"
- Strength of materials
- Theory of elasticity and plasticity
- Building physics
- Mechanics of concrete
- Fundamentals of thermomechanics
- Elective courses:
- Timber structures engineering
- Foundations of thermal building diagnostics
- Computer aided design in building physics
- Design of low-energy buildings
- Structural mechanics
- Engineering structures
Participation in the work of scientific and technical-scientific organizations:
- Geselschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (GAMM),
- European Mechanics Society (EUROMECH),
- Slovak Society of Mechanics at the Slovak Academy of Sciences,
- The Committee of Civil and Hydraulic Engineering of Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institut für Bauklimatik TU Dresden,
- Department of Structural Mechanics STU Bratislava,
- Department of Thermomechanics of Structures TU Brno,
- Department of Structural Mechanics TU Żilina,
- Department of Mathematical Modelling at the University of Lviv.
Department offers service activities and expertizes within the range of:
- hygrothermal building partitions diagnostics,
- assessment of damages and durability of building materials and structures,
- research of mechanical and physical properties of construction materials.